Image Map

Monday, March 28, 2011

My Spring Mantle

Finally! I found the missing camera! It was only missing for a week, though I must confess to getting myself pretty worried over it. Sunday at church, one of our ladies said she would pray for us to find it. It never occurred to me to pray about finding our lost camera. I just kept thinking that it would surely turn up before we take our trip to receive Babe Five. But I tell you, I prayed. I mean, how could I not if Mrs. C was going to be doing so? For my camera.

So, praise the Lord, the camera is found! And I can finally show you pictures of my Spring mantle.


I just love having a mantle to decorate. I never would have thought that I would get into dealing with a seasonal mantle but, in all honesty, I am loving it. I had just a generic something up there, then for Christmas, I gussied it up in stockings and greenery and candles and such. It never really was completed, but then it was time to take down the Christmas stuff. I had a ball decorating for Valentine's, though I don't have photo proof of that mantle.

I got to thinking towards the end of February that it was time for a different mantle. I hemmed and hawed and finally saw Myra's beautiful wreath and decided to do something like it. After that, the ideas just fell into place.

I pulled out my blue Mason jars and tied some jute and green ribbon around the mouth of each. I popped a bit of fake foliage in a few of them and was pleased.


Then I ran across the pitcher at a thrift store and was tickled, as I had been looking for something like it for a while. Finally, I snagged the green picture frame on clearance at TJ Maxx, and had to have it. I put a picture from our ultra-sound in it. It just seemed appropriate, since this is a Spring mantle, and this is the biggest and most exciting event on our Spring Schedule.


Then, a few days before St. Patrick's day, I saw this cutesy garland and had to try it. I've been toying with the idea of a garland for a while now, and this one was just so easy looking that I had to try it out.

I will totally admit to sitting on my couch and gazing at all that green up there. It makes me feel happy, especially now that we are back to gray skies for a week or so. And my eyes keep finding their way to the picture of our Babe.

Oh, sweet child of mine, who will you be?

Care you to take a guess?

No comments: